North Carolina Surgery has been providing comprehensive breast care to the women of the Triangle for more than 60 years and continues to be one of the area's leading breast care centers. Our approach focuses on the complete care of the woman with breast concerns.
We offer education, discussion, counseling, and individualized treatment planning to women with benign, suspicious, and malignant breast diseases. Our primary concern is providing compassionate expert care in a supportive environment.
Our physicians can now provide many services in the office setting, allowing for more prompt diagnosis. We have extensive experience and training in all of the advanced breast cancer treatment modalities. In addition, our new UNC REX Breast Care Specialists clinic is a seamless part of THE UNC REX Comprehensive Breast Care Program. Our breast surgeons work closely with breast radiologists in the UNC REX Breast Imaging & Diagnostics Center and with oncologists and other specialists in the REX Cancer Center. Patients at the clinic receive a personalized treatment plan that may include some of the following services offered at Rex:
- 3-D mammography
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammography
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Bone-density testing
- Ultrasound-guided needle biopsy
- Breast ultrasound and MRI
- Cyst aspiration
- Lumpectomy, mastectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Coordination with plastic surgeons for immediate breast reconstruction
- Radiation therapy
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and lymphedema management
- Participation in clinical trials
- Guidance from nurse navigators
- Counseling and nutrition services
- Wellness and rehab support programs
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us at 919-784-7874.